On Nov 17, 3:26 pm, Robert Ewald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Doing some small experiments I stumbled over map returning a lazy seq instead
> of performing the function. I had to convert that to a doseq. Is there any
> rationale for not having an eager map. Or was I just not reading the docs
> properly?

Many of Clojure's functions that operate on seqs have this property.
The idea is to capture the space efficiency of lazy list processing by
default. If you really need strict evaluation, wrap the map with
doall. I'm guessing that strict equivalents aren't provided to
encourage the use of the lazy functions unless they absolutely aren't
needed.

-Adam