On Saturday 29 November 2008 17:00, Chouser wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > OK... Is it a legitimate part of Clojure's public specification, or
> > is it something that is (even more) subject to change (than other
> > things in a young language)?
>
> The double-colon keyword prefix is a specific and supported feature,
> I believe, introduced Jul 28, svn rev 962.  Since this predates the
> last release, I assume the lack of documentation is a simple
> oversight. The details were posted to this group here:
><http://groups.google.com/group/clojure/browse_frm/thread/9cc9926de1bdb128>
>
> > I've read the whole book now, and the only other unexplained
> > notation I've found is "#=".
>
> This is part of the print-dup work related to AOT.  It is new since
> the last release, and therefore not necessarily documented on the
> site yet. ...
>
> Hope that helps make sense of things,
> --Chouser

Thanks, Stuart and Chris (it's Chris, right?).

As the programming language that is Clojure seeps into my mind, I
realize what a beautiful thing it is. As I said to a friend a couple of
days ago, I'd demurred too long in choosing a language for the
extension / scripting / executive layer for my theorem prover, but when
I finally realized that Clojure was the way to go and started digging
in to the language and contemplated the design for that new addition to
my system, I quickly realized the tremendous power that Clojure brings.

Thanks to Rick H. and everyone else who has contributed to making
Clojure what it is now and what it will become over time.

Randall Schulz