>> Alternatively, could I provide a "multi-
>> math" lib to redefine the core math functions?
>
> Type classes would be king.

Do you mean this in the Haskell sense? (I'm not too familiar with
those) Or something more like Java's types? I was thinking about how
to solve this problem more generally and was considering an interface,
but nothing obvious came to mind. Java's lack of operator overloading
makes this more difficult I think.

> But at least you can use your definition :
>
> (ns test.test
>  (:refer-clojure :exclude [+ -]))
>
> (defn +
>  [a b]
>  33)
>
> (+ 1 2) ;= 33

Thanks for the suggestion, this will give me a chance to play around
with multi-method and see what I think.

Cheers,
-Mark