On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Ant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've just started looking with interest at the language, and have
> decided to port some of my smaller programs and scripts to Clojure as
> a way of getting to know the language. I am stumbling over Strings at
> the moment, as I am trying to read a file. I have tried the following:
>
> user=> "C:\dev\java\clojure\clj-repl.bat"
> ")\n"
> user=> java.lang.Exception: Invalid token: C:
> java.lang.Exception: ReaderError:(8,1) Invalid token: C:
>        at clojure.lang.LispReader.read(LispReader.java:164)
>        at clojure.lang.Repl.main(Repl.java:68)
> Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Invalid token: C:
>        at clojure.lang.LispReader.interpretToken(LispReader.java:266)
>        at clojure.lang.LispReader.read(LispReader.java:156)
>        ... 1 more
[...]
> java.lang.Exception: No such namespace: C:/dev/java/clojure
[...]

It looks like you've got an unterminated string before you start.

e.g.:

$ java -cp clojure.jar clojure.main
Clojure
user=> string-that-does-not-start-with-a-quote"
java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol:
string-that-does-not-start-with-a-quote in this context
(NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)
user=> "C:\dev\something"
"\n"
user=> java.lang.Exception: Invalid token: C:
user=> java.lang.Exception: Unsupported character: \dev
user=> java.lang.Exception: Unsupported character: \something
user=>

So try restarting the repl.  Or else type a single " and press Enter
and see what you get.  If you don't get something like "\n" printed by
itself with no exceptions, try it again.

--
Michael Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>