On Dec 9, 12:24 am, Matt Revelle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The attached patch adds :super-methods option to generate-class as a
> map, {local-name [name [param-types] return-type], ...}.  The
> mechanics work as Rich suggested in an earlier message, a method is
> created that has the same type signature as the exposed method - it
> loads the arguments, invokes the method, and returns the result.
>
> An example can be viewed here:http://gist.github.com/33787
>
> I haven't done extensive testing, but seems to work.

A couple of thoughts.

First - the local name must be a valid Java method name - you are
using dashes in your method names in the example code. Some VMs will
balk at this.

Second - it seems tedious and error-prone to have to specify the
signatures, which must match the method sigs.

Third, if a method is overloaded, multiple :super-methods entries must
be made.

Perhaps it would be better, and more consistent with :exposes, to take
a map of method_name -> exposing_method_name, and generate a set of
overloaded methods matching all overloads of the super method:

:exposes-methods {update super_update, render super_render}

This way people can't get the sigs wrong, and a single entry covers
all overloads.

Rich