On Thursday 11 December 2008 11:31, Mark Engelberg wrote:
> I understand how Clojure lets you consume Java objects, and pass
> Clojure objects to Java programs.
>
> However, it is not uncommon for Java libraries to be designed in such
> a way that you need to create a subclass of something in the library
> in order to make use of the library.  I don't understand whether this
> is possible in Clojure.

It's not only possible, but quite straightforward. The basic thing
you're looking for is (proxy ...). In some cases, you may need
(gen-class). Check them out. They'll get you everything you need for
working with white-box frameworks.

(I'll check out Geocode/J as soon as I get Firefox back up. It just
crashed and I keep 9 windows and over 80 tabs open, so starting it up
is pretty slow...)

> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Randall Schulz