Hi all,

First off, thanks for clojure!  I've been playing with it for a couple
days now and love it!

Doing ruby in my day job, I've found some quirks I don't really
understand.  Most of them are obviously me being new to clojure and a
lisp "beginner".  But the following keeps bugging me:

  user> (partition 2 '(1 2 3 4 5))
  ((1 2) (3 4))

Why is partition swallowing the remaining element of the given
sequence?  I expected partition to return ((1 2) (3 4) (5)).  The
current implementation of partition will ensure code expecting groups
of a given size will not break when given an unevenly distributed
sequence.  But IMO that code is responsible for how partition is
called and should sanitize if needed.  The current implementation
might even obscure one-off errors and silently drop data.

Since the current implementation is slightly more complex than the
more lenient version I expected, there's probably a good reason why
it's implemented as it is now.  Can anybody enlighten me?

Regards,
Remco