If you really want these commit messages to come to your mailbox, you
could always use a service such as: http://www.rssfwd.com/

Note: This was merely the first Google result for "rss email". I have
not tested this service, but it looks like it should do the trick.

Has there been any thought to providing a twitter/laconica feed of
commit messages? You could use a service like http://twitterfeed.com/
if you wanted to go the twitter-only route, or something like
http://ciarang.com/posts/feed2omb for laconica. (needs to be hosted)

I set up a friendfeed imaginary friend for myself, but I don't believe
I can share it.