I have another quick observation:

The (System/exit 0) bit at the end of the main function changes the
behavior of some scripts I have for starting Jetty servers. The
scripts basically end with (.start server), were server is a Jetty
Server instance, and previously would run until control-C'd from the
command line. I see in the linked thread above that this change in
behavior is required by other aspects of Clojure, which makes senes to
me. Do you know of any straiforward change I could make to these
scripts to keep the servers running? Perhaps this is a matter of the
Jetty APIs and not Clojure.

I'm not using Compujre here, but looking quickly at Compojure it seems
like it uses (.start server) as well from scripts.

- Mark