On Dec 22, 5:45 am, "Mark Engelberg" <mark.engelb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But if mk-counter is called twice because it's retried in part of a
> transaction, then you're in big trouble when you use atom.  Better to
> use a ref here.  atom needs to be reserved for the very few cases when
> retries don't matter (like a cache).

If I understand it right, as long as the "counter" is used
within a single thread and not across threads there shouldn't
be any issues. Same as a cache.

If the idea is to use one counter across multiple threads
then refs can be used.

I don't think I follow why mk-counter would be retried. There
is not reason for it to fail as it simply creates a new "counter"
and returns it and doesn't need to block or be blocked.

Parth