Funny, it's this concept that has drawn me into looking into clojure
more in the
last few days. I worked on a highly structured editor at intentional
software
for some time but at the time had little exposure to LISP.

I feel a modern JVM based LISP such as Clojure with full access to
Java drawing
APIs could provide the platform for a revolutionary structured editing
environment
for both LISP and custom DSLs implemented in LISP. With the generative
techniques
of LISP there should be an easy way for developers to not only build
DSLs like
they currently do in LISP using macros, but also provide a way to
generate and
project those DSLs using domain specific notation in a business-user
friendly way.

This is definitely something I hope to be learning more about and
working on in
the future -- I think Clojure could provide both a watershed moment
for concurrent
programming but also one for domain specific languages/structured
editing for
domain experts.