There's no event mechanism to monitor namespace changes. I accomplish
this by taking a snapshot before and after any possible namespace-
changing execution, using ns-map. Not as efficient as an event
callback, but I haven't had any performance issues (map lookups are
plenty fast for me).

You can register a watcher for a Var to get notification of a root
binding change using add-watcher - note that the clojure.org doc for
add-watcher has not been updated to match the Var watcher revision.