On 23 jan, 03:00, Stuart Sierra <the.stuart.sie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 22, 6:51 pm, Peter Wolf <opus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > However, if there is only one Clojure image used for references and the
> > like, what happens if someone calls an infinite loop, or infinite
> > recursion, in a file.  Does the Clojure server hang/blow up?
>
> If you code an infinite loop, the SWANK server will run an infinite
> loop. The only solution is to kill off the Java process. If you wanted
> to get clever, you could load the file in a separate thread and just
> kill off that thread.
>
> > For example, I was using the SmallSnake code for testing, and when that
> > file is loaded, it pops up a window and runs a process forever.
>
>  That's an unfortunate side effect of using Clojure as a scripting
> language like Perl or Python. Perhaps it would be more proper for the
> distributed file to define a function that will run the application.

If only lib compilation could not automatically load the lib in the
environment that calls 'compile (or could provide an option for
that) , it would be much safer to implement an "auto-build"
functionality in IDEs.

I don't know if its primarily a technical consideration, so if it's
feasible at all without having to rewrite a bunch of classes or even
the whole 'compile thing ?

Alas, I'm not currently in a position to give help on this, I haven't
sufficiently studied clojure's internals.

--> Do you know if getting a version of 'compile that would not also
load the lib is feasible ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Laurent