On Jan 23, 1:47 pm, Zak Wilson <zak.wil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And it's now working perfectly, producing a new generation every
> second. Now I actually have to tweak it to produce good results.

It's great that this is working for you.  I tried the same approach in
a genetic programming project of my own, and I eventually got an
OutOfMemoryError.  Clojure creates a new class for each (fn ) form
that you evaluate, and if you create enough functions those classes
eventually fill up the PermGen space in the heap.

Other approaches that don't run into the PermGen problem were
suggested in this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/clojure/t/ead8a3a8ff009a8f

-- Nathan