> > Why? keySet is specified to return a java.util.Set, and that is what
> > it does. set? tests for IPersistentSet.
>
> I assumed the persistent properties caried over, and that
> IPersistentSet was a java.util.Set. I also assumed that IPersistentSet
> extended IFn.
>
> Looks like I got the implementation confused with the interfaces and
> was wrong on both accounts.

I can see how that could be confusing at first.  You might think an
IPersistentSet is a subclass of java.util.Set and that set? asks if it is a
java.util.Set.  Then if you wanted to know if if something is an
IPersistentSet, you might have to call "ipset?"  But another name for that
would be "clojure-base-set".  But then if you think about it,
"clojure-base-set" or even "clojure-set" would be redundant.  Afterall,
we're looking at clojure code.

I wonder though if you can call instanceof from clojure to test Java types.