On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 8:43 AM, bOR_ <boris.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> According to one of the posts beneath the log, the issue has been
> fixed in the latests svns. I have no clue what the technical problem
> was in clojure's source.

To my understanding, the technical problem was that Clojure used the
same ClassLoader for these function classes and that ClassLoader was
kept live. Classes can only get GC'd when their ClassLoaders are GC'd.
The solution was to give each of these functions their own ephemeral
ClassLoader, so the liveness of the ClassLoader depends on the
liveness of the function. When the function is no longer live, both it
and its ClassLoader become legible for garbage collection.

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
Christian Vest Hansen.