On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Peter Wolf <opus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I get the length of a sequence?  Is there some generic way to
> find the number of elements in something that might be list, map, vector
> or lazy?

user=> (doc count)
clojure.core/count
([coll])
  Returns the number of items in the collection. (count nil) returns
  0.  Also works on strings, arrays, and Java Collections and Maps

Note how the name and docs both cleverly avoid use of the words "size"
or "length", to help the function remain undiscovered by searches
through the source code and by uses of find-doc.

--Chouser