Heh, this is a more reasoned reply than my own as it points out an actual
implementation difference between Python and Clojure. And of course you
might need arbitrary precision arithmetic in your program, but again this
just reinforces the insignificance of microbenchmarks without some context
of what you are actually trying to achieve.