The doc string of apply says:

        ([f args* argseq])
        "Applies fn f to the argument list formed by prepending args to
argseq."

This looks like I could pass in several argument PLUS one sequence of
arguments, which just happens to be what I want in a specific case.
But it doesn't seem to work.

I looked at the definition of apply, which uses an undocumented
private function spread whose purpose and result I don't quite
understand.

Can anyone give an example of how the argseq argument can be used?

Konrad.