Yes, and combined with the technique in the link Kevin provided, it's clean
if something goes wrong, java/the os will take care of deleting the temp
file for you :

// Create temp file.
File temp = File.createTempFile(*"pattern"*, *".suffix"*);

// Delete temp file when program exits.
temp.deleteOnExit();

--
Laurent