> I don't quite understand why you got through all that work to get
> error-str -- isn't it just (str (qualify-sym error-type))?
>
> ...and since you then use it only as an arg to 'symbol' or 'str', you
> could just use the symbol itself instead of converting it to a string
> and back.

If I bring the symbol back directly, it gets evaluated to the actual error
object and not the symbol.  I want to compare symbols. Or maybe I don't,
comparing symbols in general seems simpler for meta-hacky stuff like this.

> > This fails when no error is raised, when the wrong error type is raised,
> and
> > I believe it's captures errors which are derived but not the exact error
> (is
> > this a weird behavior?).
>
> I'm not sure, but I think you'd want to allow an implementation to
> change to a derived error type without breaking the tests.  But I
> could be wrong -- it should probably behave the same as the 'throws?'
> method, since Java Exceptions also do inheritance.

Good point. Easy enuf.

> > Much nicer than those ugly Java Exceptions, no? ;)
>
> Sure, looks good to me.  Would it ever be useful to test that the
> error has a particular set of arguments?  I guess that may be more
> detailed than any test would want to get.

Possibly, but I can't think of a really goo reason for this yet.

> It would also be interesting to try to test for the existence and
> behavior of any 'continue' forms.

Very interesting, I haven't got to continue yet, baby steps here.

> Really!?  I'd never needed it before error-kit, and I'm pretty
> suspicious of needing it even there.  I think I'd rather just use Vars
> for error tags, but they're not currently allowed in the Clojure
> inheritance hierarchies.  If Vars were Named, I think it would work,
> and it's not at all clear to me why they aren't, since they have a
> namespace and a name just like symbols and keywords do.  Rich is
> probably too busy with lazier just now, but I intend to be annoying
> about this at some later date.

That's the proper solution. Until then for really wacky stuff, I don't know
how to do certain things without qualify-sym.