On Feb 26, 3:02 am, "Stephen C. Gilardi" <squee...@mac.com> wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2009, at 6:47 PM, Itay Maman wrote:
>
> > This version is fully functional and so far I didn't encounter any
> > bugs.
> > I guess that over the course of the next few days, as people start
> > using this version,
> > a few issues may come up. I'd be glad to fix these.
>
> > I also took Mike's suggestion, Waterfromt's main window is now using
> > a side-by-side layout.
>
> Hi Itay,
>
> Very nice work on waterfront! I gave it a try on Mac OS X. It worked
> well and showcases many cool ideas.
>
> I had a couple of issues:
>
> - when building on Mac OS X with Java 6 64-bit or Java 5 32-bit, I got
> errors like this one:
>
>      [javac] Compiling 1 source file to /sq/ext/waterfront/waterfront/
> bin
>      [javac] /sq/ext/waterfront/lab/src/net/sourceforge/waterfront/ide/
> services/Main.java:92: method does not override a method from its
> superclass
>      [javac]     @Override
>      [javac]      ^
>      [javac] 1 error
>
> in every case where @Override was present in the waterfront source.

In Java6 @Override can also be attached to a method that overrides an
interface-declared method. So, the code is not supposed to compile w/
a Java5 compiler. As for the Java6 compiler, my guess is that your
compile is configured to be Java5 complaint. So I would suggest to
specify "-source 1.6" in the javac command line. Anyway, I will add it
to the build.xml file.

> I was able to build successfully by commenting all of them out.
>
> - When using waterfront on Mac OS X, it appears that the control
> characters intended to trigger menu selections (e.g. ^E) are being
> intercepted before they reach the menus. In the specific case of ^E,
> it is being interpreted by the text input field as "move to end of
> line" which is a common meaning for it in Mac OS X. I suspect there is
> a way to trigger menu items using the "command-key" on the Mac (while
> still using the control key on Windows) and people using waterfront on
> Mac OS X would benefit from a change to using that mechanism.

Sure.

> Thanks very much for waterfront!

You're very welcome.