Hi Itay,
Thanks for posting this example.  Being new to Clojure it's a nice example
to study since it solves a very realistic problem that many new to
functional programming will face.

I think I've unraveled most of how the code is working but there's one
function I'm not particularly clear about.

(defn- run-observers-till-fixpoint [prev next]
  (let [observers (next :observers)
       new-next (run-observers prev next observers)]
    (if (= new-next next)
      new-next
      (recur next new-next) )))

While I understand run-observers, run-observers-till-fixpoint has be
baffled.  Why is this required?