Hi,

Some time ago, I followed a path which involved not depending on aleph[1]
for asynchronous programming.
Some bits that we use internally at Exoscale where carved out in what is
now net[2].

This library aims to provide a thin layer on top of netty, staying a bit
closer to netty than aleph permits, with less dependencies.
I'd like to point out that this might not be for everyone, and that if you
want an all-encompassing framework, aleph may be better suited.

That being said, a smaller and more lightweight library might be of
interest to some, so here is net, now with guides[3] and api
documentation[4] to help explain the
netty programming model.

Next up: more guides, tests and specs.

[1]: http://aleph.io