Hello, all,

We now have less than a week to prepare our application for Google Summer
of Code 2017 <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/>, a program where Google
pays students from around the world to work on open source projects.
 Clojure has successfully participated 2012–2015, and we would love to
return for a fifth time.  As a community, we have benefitted significantly
over the years with amazing work on projects like Clojure in Clojure,
ClojureScript, Clojure on Android, Incanter, and more.  And it's not just
the projects that have benefitted, many of Clojure/GSoC alumns continue to
contribute to the community and are often speakers at conferences.

In order to participate again this year, we need your help; we need project
ideas <http://clojure-gsoc.org/project-ideas.html>.  A great project ideas
page is a key part in having a successful application, and having many
members from within the community participate as potential mentors would
really boost our application.  At this point, you are not committing to
anything, we just need some great ideas.

This year, we are trying something new: We are hosting our project ideas on
GitHub
<https://github.com/clojars/clojure-gsoc-2017/blob/master/project-ideas.md>
and you can submit your idea just using a few lines of Markdown in a pull
request.  If you'd rather not do that, you can post to the mailing list
with [GSoC Idea] in the subject and we'll add it for you.  Also, you can
submit ideas in the #gsoc channel in the Clojurians slack.

You can also help review our application
<http://clojure-gsoc.org/application.html> and profile
<http://clojure-gsoc.org/profile.html> pages, and we would appreciate any
input

Finally, a big thanks to all of the administrators and volunteers who have
helped Clojure's GSoC in years past.

Thank you very much for your time and idea.

Sincerely,

Daniel