I'm pleased we've dealt with a new maintainer for a couple of Raynes'
modules, but Raynes contributed a lot of things and half the community
depends on one or more of his modules at this point.

My current focus is tentacles, which has been gathering issues and PRs
recently and is something I'm about to use in a project. If no-one else
steps forward, we at the irresponsible clojure guild (
https://github.com/irresponsible ) will take on the maintenance for it, but
we don't want to end up causing multiple forks.

I think it would be awesome if *somebody* would step up and take care of
Raynes' remaining modules. Aside from being his legacy, they're really
useful and too many of rely on them. Irresponsible is a community-run
organisation (currently just three of us). If more people were willing to
pitch in with reviewing PRs and issues and such, we would be happy to
assume responsibility for releases. In effect, we're happy to keep Raynes'
work alive rather than bitrotting. But we can't do all of that alone, it's
just too much work (something other contributors have noted). We are happy
to give them a home and push releases, but there are simply too many of
them to take up proper maintenance without more volunteers

So, with that:

1. Does this seem like a good idea?
2. Can you help with reviewing the backlog on Raynes' modules?
3. Is this going to be enough to prevent multiple forks of everything?

Cheers,
James