On Mar 5, 5:49 pm, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:
> Cosmin Stejerean <cstejer...@gmail.com> writes:
> > I like the API so far, although I'll probably have to wait for
> > timezone support before I can start using this.
>
> Would love some suggestions on what you'd expect the API to look like
> for this. Failing test cases would be even better. I haven't given it
> much thought yet.
>
> > If anyone else is interested here is a link to github
> > for chrono.clj (syntax highlighting). For some reason I couldn't
> > locate test-chrono.clj in the repo.
>
> The convention in contrib is to keep tests in
> src/clojure/contrib/test_contrib/chrono.clj, but I didn't want to attach
> two "chrono.clj" files, so I renamed it. Here's the link:
>
> http://github.com/technomancy/clojure-contrib/blob/de4afee3dbfef2ed7f...
>
> -Phil

I strongly recommend that you make sure you understand where and why
Joda differs from the Java standard lib. If you don't handle the cases
that Joda already does, you *will* have bugs.

I would prefer having a dependency on an extra Jar vs. having bugs.
I'd also prefer having one obviously correct implementation vs.
multiple incorrect implementations and not knowing which one is least
broken, ala the python stdlib.

Joda correctly handles bugs I've personally encountered in java,
python, ruby and postgres.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I've spent too much time dealing
with Time bugs to suffer the creation of another broken
implementation, especially in my favorite language.

Allen