I’ve mentioned this on Slack and IRC and I’ll just highlight it again here…

If you’re doing programmatic decoding of explain-data to produce “friendly”
messages and you currently do anything with the :pred value in the returned
map, then this change will affect you:

·         CLJ-2059 - explain-data should return resolved preds

In particular, a :pred for an anonymous function, such as used by s/keys for
required keys, used to return:

                (contains? % :the-key)

but now it returns:

                (clojure.core/fn [%] (contains? % :the-key))

(I think the way it tested for the data being a map? has changed in a similar
way – I was expecting clojure.core/map? but no)

The change is important – previously you couldn’t tell which actual predicate
was used whenever you had the same name in multiple namespaces – but it is a
bit weird that not all symbols are fully resolved: it depends on how the
predicate is written.

Sean Corfield -- (970) FOR-SEAN -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood

On 5/26/17, 9:21 AM, "Alex Miller" <clojure@googlegroups.com on behalf of