I want to start using Clojure again. I made the following simple function
to generate a PIN:
(defn create-pin
  ([] (create-pin 8))
  ([n]
   (let [chars (map char (range (int \0) (inc (int \9))))]
        (reduce str (repeatedly n #(rand-nth chars))))))

So far so good. But I want to improve a little.

I think n should at least be four, but not greater as 16. What is the
Clojure way to do this?

The next step is that I want to use hexadecimal numbers. So I should use
(range (int \0) (inc (int \9))) combined with (range (int \A) (inc (int
\F))).
How would I do that?

Is there anything I should do differently?

Of-course I make a general function that is then called from create-pin and
create-pin-hex.

--
Cecil Westerhof