Perhaps it is an obvious point, but I'll mention that like other Java
libraries, it is possible to use libraries from the Java Big Data ecosystem
e.g. Spark directly from Clojure using interop, or to consume Clojure code
as part of processing infrastructure written in other JVM languages.  We've
had considerable success using both approaches.  The experience with
interop has been pretty smooth; the only significant hassles I recall
having related to having to write serialization/deserialization logic that
we would have gotten out of the box with Java classes and with AOT-compiled
code interacting in strange ways with Hadoop's classloading (we never
satisfactorily diagnosed this and eventually just stopped using AOT).