I found private/public works fine. I put my public interface at the bottom
of the file with a nice comment header. Using another namespace like .impl,
I've always had the issue that nobody on my team can agree with what the
name convention should be for what an impl namespace should be called šŸ˜,
so private has had less controversy. It can lead to pretty large file, and
splitting namespaces across more then one file, even though supported,
messes up with a lot of tooling, so I also avoid that.

I think, what I've struggled with is how to move an API to another
namespace, while maintaining backwards compatibility. This happens a lot
where I work, where we want to refactor the namespace structure, and move
things around, and rename namespaces, but we're not sure if there were
other packages that depend on it which would break. So I'd want to take the
existing namespace, and move all its vars in a new namespace, but where the
old namespace still exists as a frozen immutable interface that now maps
back to the new. Yet I've hesitated to use potemkin, because its non ideal.
I'm still hoping here for a better solution to this to show up.