You seem to be requiring the numeric-tower functions into the foobar.core
namespace, and then "use"ing the foobar.core namespace from the user
namespace and expecting the numeric-tower functions to show up in the user
namespace.  However, namespaces aren't transitive like that.  You need to
require math.numeric-tower from user if you intend to use it from user, or
change your namespace to foobar.core in the REPL.

A further problem (based on your github issue) may be that your foobar.core
namespace is in a file called src.clj (and you don't say what directory
that file is in).  Usually, the system will expect foobar.core namespace to
be in a file called core.clj in a directory called foobar.