Hey everyone!

I've just released a new version of my library for testing stateful systems with test.check! Now with added race condition detection!

 [org.clojars.czan/stateful-check "0.4.0"]

 https://github.com/czan/stateful-check
 https://clojars.org/org.clojars.czan/stateful-check

This version is a major release, and given the long timescale (my last release was August 2015), I've taken the chance to break a lot of things. In return, though, we can now run parallel test cases to detect race conditions. If you watched John Hughes' talk at Clojure/West 2014[1], then you have some idea of what I'm talking about. If you haven't watched it, then you should, because it's great.

The main changes are:

- more clearly delineate separate phases (generation, execution, verification), this most noticeably changes the time when postcondition functions are run, and what they are permitted to do

- add support for race condition detection (see doc/queue.org[2] for an example, and see doc/race-conditions.org[3] for a bit of explanation about what it's testing)

- change to the MIT license

If you've used stateful-check before then you should be careful and check your assumptions before doing things. If you've not used stateful-check before then now might be a fun time to give it a go!

Carlo

[1]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi0rHwfiX1Q
[2]: https://github.com/czan/stateful-check/blob/0.4.0/doc/queue.org [3]: https://github.com/czan/stateful-check/blob/0.4.0/doc/race-conditions.org

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Clojure" group.