On Feb 7, 9:16 am, David Powell <djpow...@djpowell.net> wrote:
> Newer versions of JDK 1.6, eg Update 11, have an application called
> 'jvisualvm' in the bin directory. It lets you attach to any running
> Java process and it has aprofilerthat you can switch on at runtime.
>
> It seems quite good. It does profiling via instrumentation, and yet
> doesn't slow the app down to much. I tried it with a clojure module
> that is run from a Java appserver, and it worked well.
>
> --
> Dave

Can you go into more detail about how you used visualvm? I'm trying to
run it (visualvm 1.1.1), and it seems to have a race condition with
the clojure classloader. Sometimes it won't find all of the compiled
clojure source, and sometimes it will correctly profile methods until
I reload a file, at which point the profiler no longer tracks calls to
the clojure fn.

Any advice?

Allen