Hi Juraj

Glad you have it working now!

I mostly use oz from the Clojure REPL as an exploratory tool in my work on
Polis (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tBVMAm0-00). I have yet to use
the Reagent API in a dynamic front end, but I have used Vega & Vega-Lite in
a vanilla React app (see https://github.com/matsengrp/olmsted), so I know
what's possible and look forward to being able to do the equivalent in
ClojureScript.

I'm a vim user, so I use vim-fireplace to connect my REPL to my text
editor. This lets me write and execute plot building code directly from the
comfort of my editor, and have a separate browser window open for looking
at the results. This gives me a pretty tight feedback loop for visualizing
and exploring data. If you're using the Reagent API with Figwheel, you
should get a pretty similar feedback loop for development of

To be perfectly honest, debugging can be a bit challenging when first using
Vega & Vega-Lite. The IDL's Vega Editor has some helpful tools for
analyzing specs for problems, and a tight feedback loop of tweaking and
re-evaluating plot code can help keep you on the right path till you get
your bearing. They're also working on some really neat debugging tools to
help visualize the compiled dataflow topology in order to better diagnose
issues, so hopefully this area will improve.

The best way to get started is to go to the Vega & Vega-Lite Examples pages
(https://vega.github.io/vega/examples/ &
https://vega.github.io/vega-lite/examples/), which helpfully showcase a
panapoly of specs available for use as starting points. Once you find a
related spec, it's usually only a few changes to a get a "bare bones"
adaptation to your data. From there, you can generally stitch in spec code
from other examples as needed to get the plot you want. If some "stitching"
doesn't work, look for other examples combining similar functionality if
possible, and if not raise an issue. The IDL is super responsive and active
in their development and release cycle, so bugs generally get solved very
quickly; In fact on rare occasions where I've found a Vega bug or something
I wanted to do but couldn't easily, I've frequently discovered that there's
already been a fix released, or had them specifically address the problem
within a matter of weeks.

Thanks again

Chris