P.S. Actually it just a coincidence that in my use case I am not concerned
with let say trees, but with "Records" in a "Table", which in contrast map
somehow nicely to IPersistentMap (where I can put a lot of additional
functionality in a transparent way) and a "Table" (where the sequence
functions built in sequence functions actually desintegrate the "Table",
which is undesired for me) which _could_ map to a "IPersistentVector",
which makes me desire to have them as transparent to the rest of Clojure as
possible and let them act as if the user would actually use vectors and
maps and invoke additional functionality only when needed, while all the
internal accounting/maintenance of the table of records is hidden from the
user. I wanted that it is more like a vector of maps and not a Clojure
sequence of maps, because the vector abstraction has some useful (not for
databases in general, but but my specific use case) properties and because
it is already extensible through the Clojure's collection protocols. On the
other side (outside of Clojure) I could aim to maintain the other
abstraction of lazy/chunked sequences which are produced by Clojure's
sequence functions, but then again have to restitch them to "Table"-s and
there is no protocol for it. On the third side one could think of a Table
which always has at least some primary key - then one would rather use
IPersistentMap for the Table itself, but this again doesn't provide a
transparent solution for the sequence functions. And so on and so on. I
just miss the glue which in all these cases, which would allow me to give
to the end user a fully maintained and consistent "Table" without forcing
him into wrapper functions or do-it-yourselfs instead of using the built
ins - I wanted that for the end user only an implementation is different,
but the whole interface remains pure Clojure :)