I'm going to buck a trend here.

Why do you want to do this? (That's rhetorical. Don't feel like you need to
answer).

One of the fundamental principles behind REST is that it is discoverable.
Maybe even that it's explorable.

Maybe you aren't building a REST end-point. It's totally possible that I
read too much into your post.

But I'm curious about bigger-picture issues: why wouldn't you include
something like swagger as part of your public API?

(Don't get me wrong: I can think of 4 different reasons off the top of my
head. I'm just curious why you don't want to).