[cider/cider-nrepl "0.8.2"]

is quite old. It looks like lein 2.9.1 (as of 2.8.2) uses a newer version
of nrepl that requires cider-nrepl 0.18+ or something along those lines.
In newer versions of cider, you may not need to include this plugin at all.
I know that the "jack-in" commands of cider can do it automatically for you
at least. If removing the dep works fine for your workflow, I'd stick with
that. Less is more. :-P