You should be able to specify the deps.edn file using a env variable -

The Clojure tools will use the following deps.edn map sources, in this
order:

   -

   Root - found in the installation of clj (or as a resource in tools.deps)
   -

   User - cross-project configuration (typically tools)
   -

      Locations used in this order:
      -

         If $CLJ_CONFIG is set, then use $CLJ_CONFIG (explicit override)
         -

         If $XDG_CONFIG_HOME is set, then use $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/clojure
(Freedesktop
         conventions)
         -

         Else use $HOME/.clojure (most common)
         -

   Project - the deps.edn in the current directory
   -

   Config data - a deps.edn map passed on the command line

https://clojure.org/reference/deps_and_cli#_deps_edn_sources

Here's an example passing in a map -

clojure -Sdeps '{:deps {myname/mytemplate {:local/root "mytemplate"}}}'

Hope this helps.