Task is to write a program that can decide whether two words are synonyms
or not.

I have pairs of synonymous words, E.g.:

 [big large]
 [large huge]
 [small little]

We can derive the synonymous relationship indirectly: if big is a synonym
for large and large is a synonym for huge then big is a synonym for huge.
Being synonyms doesn’t depend on order, e.g. if big is a synonym for large
then large is a synonym for big.

The program has to answer whether given two words are synonyms or not.

This seems to me as a good candidate for logic programming, e.g. with
clojure.core.logic.

a. How to state the input pairs of synonyms as logical
statements/constraints?
b. How to perform a query to find all synonyms of a given word?

Or perhaps I am yack shaving? What would be a simpler way to solve this?

This question is also on stackowerflow, if you want to get some points:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/67002758/logic-programming-find-synonyms-of-a-given-word