Ok so I think taking a step back, I think their is some complecting going
on here. I don't see how you see "that invoking a map without arguments
evaluates it" as a generalization. I believe Rich's intention behind map's,
set's, and vector's being callable is that they naturally behave as
primitive (mathematically) functions, which map a key space to an output
space. So first, there aren't any natural meanings for calling a map with
zero arguments. (If anything, I think it should return nil. Because
sometimes we would call functions using apply like (apply f [a b c]), and
sometimes that list is empty, like (apply {} []). This is just like how (+)
evaluates to 0. But I digress...).

What you are generally talking about is controlling code evaluation. You
are specifically storing code within the values (and potentially keys) of
the map. Really, this code is just lists, aka data. It is really important
to keep the phases of evaluation separate, otherwise this makes macro
writing very confusing (and coding in general). What you are suggesting
complects calling a map (keys to values), with evaling a map (recursively
eval any non quoted lists). These are separate actions/ideas. When we do
want to operate in different phases, then we really do want to call eval
explicitly as this is a "dramatic" action. Eval takes literal data and
pipes them through unless they are lists, where it treats the first arg as
a function/special-form, and the output can be very different from the
input. In contrast, often transformations on maps result in other maps. My
take here is, again, this should be explicit. In your intended behavior
example (({}) :b), it is calling eval behind the scenes. This is very
hidden and leads to very different performance implications. My take is you
are suggesting reducing code size but not actually addressing duplication,
and in the process making special behaviors less intuitive. (One other
thing is what you suggest doesn't blend nicely with -> as you'd still have
to call .invoke at the end instead of just calling eval.)

-----

To support your cause, however, I think there are many tools to help you
with code manipulation and code analysis during runtime.

If you want your code to work as is but have code analysis phases, you can
use macros to insert code analyzing phases without impacting the evaluation
and runtime implications of the code itself.

For example:
(def code-size (atom 0))
(defmacro count-code [some-code]
  (reset! code-size (count (str some-code)))
  some-code)

(count-code {:a :b}) ;; => {:a :b}
@code-size ;; => 7

>From there, you can write code analysis walkers as functions (not macros)
and use them at runtime with explicit quoted forms at the repl, or insert
them into your macros for analyzing "production" code.