Heads up, there are some breaking changes coming very soon for some of the
Clojure Docker images.

Specifically the Java 17+ images will be migrating from the old upstream
"openjdk" images to the "eclipse-temurin" (the successor to AdoptOpenJDK)
upstream images. This change is being forced on us because the Docker
Official Image maintainers are being forced to remove the openjdk:17 images
due to Oracle no longer producing the "vanilla" builds these were based on
for any version past 17.0.2 (and 17.0.3 is already out w/ some important
security fixes). You can read more about that
here: https://github.com/docker-library/openjdk/pull/495

Probably the biggest change you'll notice is that the new upstream images
are based on Ubuntu instead of Debian. There is also an Alpine-based image
available upstream, so we will be releasing alpine variants for Java 17+
too. But be aware that those are currently linux/amd64 only (whereas the
Ubuntu-based images are available for linux/amd64, linux/arm64, &
linux/arm).

So what do you need to do? It depends. :)

Are you using Java 8 or 11 images (e.g. Docker tags containing "openjdk-8-"
or "openjdk-11-")?

   -  You don't need to do anything for now. In the interest of minimizing
   breakage, we're staying on the still-supported openjdk:8 and openjdk:11
   upstream images for the time being.

Are you using Java 17 (the current LTS release) or higher images (e.g.
Docker tags containing "openjdk-17-" or without any jdk specifier)?

   - If you're using Docker tags with "openjdk" in them, you'll need to
   change that to "temurin".
   - If you're using Docker tags without any jdk specifier in them, be
   aware that you'll get temurin instead of openjdk in a pull in the near
   future. As always we recommend specifying this so you can opt-in to the
   shift once you're ready to start testing the change.
   - If you're using Docker tags with a Debian release name in them, you'll
   need to change those to the Ubuntu release name "focal" (e.g. "bullseye" ->
   "focal"). Or you could switch to "alpine" but that would potentially
   require more significant changes in your Docker image(s).
   - Note that there is no "slim-focal". If you're using "slim-buster" or
   "slim-bullseye" then you'll either need to accept the larger "focal" image
   or adopt the "alpine" variant if you can (e.g. if you're running only on
   linux/amd64). The eclipse-temurin focal images are of a similar size as the
   old openjdk buster & bullseye images (~230MB for Java 17 on linux/amd64).
   The slim variants shaved ~20-30 MB off of that. If you'd like a slimmer
   Ubuntu-based image, you'll need to politely ask the eclipse-temurin image
   maintainers to publish one. If you succeed we'll start building on it!

As usual the openjdk-17+ images aren't going to disappear from Docker Hub
anytime soon (that I'm aware of), but we recommend not using them any
longer than you have to once we release the new temurin images. As
mentioned above, there are already important security patches in 17.0.3
that you'll only get with the move to temurin.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of this. The change should
occur in a few days at the most.