Greetings fellow Clojurians,

I am excited to announce the publication of my latest in-depth blog post on
the topic of HTTP and web application development. Since I am currently
looking for work, I had the opportunity to dedicate my mornings - when I’m
at peak mental clarity - to creating this content over the course of a week.

We start with a minimalist web server that soon enough honors the semantics
of HTTP/1.1 GET requests. Then, we write a Ring adapter for our server,
decoupling the nitty-gritty from application logic.

This whirlwind tour sheds light on the design of web frameworks that
emerged in all language communities (Servlets, WSGI or Rack), reflecting
the need to standardize around a portable interface abstractinThe anatomy
of a HTTP server g HTTP.

At the same time, I went to great length documenting the experience of
living and breathing at the REPL. Throughout the post, I explain each
decision point and experimentation that ultimately led me to the final
design. I know beginners often struggle with that and I hope this can help
them in their journey to REPL-oriented development.

For advanced users, feel free to skip the introductory sections and jump to
the final code
<https://gist.github.com/danielsz/75b9efe83fb9e420915c97641413acfb>. I
welcome contributions from the community that keep the spirit of the
exercise: no external dependencies, single namespace, brevity and
simplicity of code.

You will find the The Anatomy of a HTTP server
<https://danielsz.github.io/2024-04-17T22_50.html> on my blog
<https://danielsz.github.io> dedicated to Lisp programming.

As always, feedback is most welcome! Thank you!