On Mar 15, 2009, at 10:53 PM, Aaron Brooks wrote:

So, here's a request -- can we get macro dispatch for other base
numbers? The CL notation is reasonable, already known and quite
readable. Besides, Clojure tells me it /really/ /wants/ to... ;-)

For integers, Clojure currently supports all the bases from 2 to 36 just like Common Lisp. These are the differences:

        - the syntax doesn't use a leading #
        - Clojure doesn't provide #b, #o, or #x for binary, octal, hex
        - Clojure interprets a leading 0 (zero) as meaning octal
        - Clojure interprets a leading 0x as meaning hex

Note that by Clojure's rules, all integers regardless of radix start with one of the decimal digits 0 through 9.

For ratios, Common Lisp supports providing a radix, but Clojure doesn't.

--Steve