Doesn't On Lisp talk about simulating CLOS with closures? It's free online.

I would like to add as the creator that I would not use Spinoza yet ;) And
I've put it on hold as I'm currently obsessed with trying to port cl-cont.
 Spinoza still needs quite a bit of work, I started on that before a few
things changed in Clojure.  I will get back to it.  Having now played with
Clojure for a bit I'm not sure how useful Spinoza will turn out to be for
anything beyond supporting widgets in a web framework.  With Clojure's
flexibility it's really tough to come up with reasons to resort to an object
system.
That said, it at least shows that building a more traditional class system
is not very difficult in Clojure.
David