Rich,

Can we please track this as an issue.

--Steve

On Feb 13, 2009, at 11:13 AM, Stephen C. Gilardi wrote:

How does this interact with:

http://code.google.com/p/clojure/issues/detail?id=3

I don't know enough to answer properly. Perhaps we can make it moot by fixing issue 3.

I have ideas for things to try, but to test them I need to reproduce the problem that caused you to remove the throw on circular load from clojure.core/load.

Here's what I tried to reproduce that problem:

        - restored the "throw on circular load" lines to clojure.core/load

        - compiled all of Clojure and contrib successfully

- Compiled/loaded/ran this successfully from Clojure and by using hello as a java main:

                (ns hello
                  (:gen-class))

                (defn hello [] (prn "hi"))

                (defn -main []
                  (hello))

I thought that the default of :load-impl-ns to true would trigger the problem, but it didn't.

Could you please give me an example of code that triggers the undesired throw on circular load?

--Steve