Hi,

Am 05.04.2009 um 06:59 schrieb David Sletten:

My example is decidedly non-functional (I  don't really like that
term...My code works--it does function! :-) ).

Maybe one should use non-functional for - well - non-functional
code and disfunctional for not working code?

I was more curious about the general case, but you guys may be right
that nested loops just aren't needed.

My experience in the general case:
If I found myself in need for a 'break' or 'continue', it would have
been better to put the undesired values not in the loop in the
first place.

For example in the break case:

(doseq [x some-thing] (... (when (foo x) (break)) ...) ; hypothetical..

would be

(doseq [x (take-while (complement foo) some-thing)] (...)) ; working

For continue to skip a value, one can use filter/remove.

This probably doesn't help for all cases, but I've yet to find such
a case for me. (Maybe a sign my projects aren't very involved
at the moment.)

Sincerely
Meikel