2009/4/4 samppi <rbysam...@gmail.com>

> I don't really want it so much for documentation strings—they're
> already formatted in a standard way [...]

Well, they certainly are formatted in *a* standard way :-), e.g. they have a
"hard-coded" formatted only suitable as-is for 80 columns wide terminals :-)

Indeed, for IDEs that allow users to resize the windows providing this
documentation information (e.g. with auto-completion features), they
generally end up with lots of unused spaces.

Or the IDEs have to guess (but maybe some rules are written somewhere I
didn't find) the proper "algorithm" to be used to reconstitutes sentences
that should not have been breaked by newlines in the source code.

I intend to do the following in clojuredev: split the docstrings at every
occurence of 2 consecutive line breaks. For each item of this list, if it is
only made of line breaks, leave as is, else remove the line breaks.
Recompose a String by interposing 2 consecutive line breaks between each
item.

--
Laurent