Agreed.  We'll be supporting Java 1.4 for some time to come still
(obviously not using clojure there).  However, we do hope to use
clojure for many years to come on Java 1.5 -- I suspect our customers
won't be moving off of it for a very long time.

That said, there's lots of stuff in 1.6 and 1.7 that will be
extraordinarily useful (which we certainly plan on taking advantage of
where we can control the runtime environment), so it seems like we
should find a way to support peaceful dependency coexistence.

- Chas