On Apr 13, 10:58 am, bradford cross <bradford.n.cr...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I have written up my journeys so
> far:http://bradfordcross.blogspot.com/2009/04/clojure-build-and-dependenc...

Nice article.

> I re-used Meikel's ant + ivy successfully.   Next step is to get something
> working for the transative deps , i.e. pulling other clojure projects i
> depend on and building them and getting the resulting jars and transitive
> deps on the classpath.  Rigth now I jsut pack it all up into jars at the top
> level lib dir and add that to my swank-extra-classpaths.

Maven already has this above solved plus multi-module projects.  I
currently build a half dozen interdependent clojure libs / apps with
one top level "mvn install" command.  The emacs classpath is solved on
a per-module basis too with a custom repl generated for each module.

> I have had some good discussions with Meikel Brandmeyer and Phil Hagelberg
> and things seem to be coming along nicely.
>
> I'd like to get things working with ant + ivy xml and so I understand all
> the issues and then start building out Lancet or something similar so we can
> script in clojure rather than xml. :-)

Me too - but for now I chose not to shave yaks and accept a little XML
(one file) in my modules.  I agree that it'll be awesome to have ivy/
maven power in simple DRY clojure files.